There are billions of employees all over the globe seeking jobs in various departments including Information Technology, Sales, Finance, Marketing, Administration, etc., while the employed ones are working towards achieving their next career goals of getting that increment, promotion or a job in a highly reputed organization. One cannot simply rely on educational qualifications to provide much needed alleviation in the career.
Ever since the introduction of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) professional course, the corporate world has found a way to create employees with better skills which benefit the organization. Lean Six Sigma courses are globally accepted by organizations when they are certified by International Association for Six Sigma Association (IASSC) and the Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC). LSS course is divided into three parts; yellow belt, green belt and black belt. Six Sigma Yellow Belt course includes basic understanding of Six Sigma and Lean management concepts. It delivers a broad perspective of what is Lean Six Sigma about and its basic concepts.
Let us understand the benefits of LSS Yellow Belt Training to the organization and the employee.
- Skills implementation on daily tasks: The learnings of Six Sigma Yellow Belt course can be easily implemented on the daily work flow of employees. For example, one can use Pareto analysis of Six Sigma to detect areas of improvement in the task. Another technique learnt from the Yellow Belt course called ‘Poka-Yoke’ is useful in eradicating the errors caused in the completion of the task.
- Perspective towards Company changes: An employee ordinarily has a general idea of his organization where the company has various departments in which different jobs are executed. Such a perception of the company is altered and corrected for employees during Yellow Belt training of LSS as it explains that there is a work flow for which every department is needed to be in sync at all time. Employees understand a company is a system.
- Graphical tools for performance measurement: It is very crucial from the angle of employee and the organization as well to measure the process performances of the organization so that the errors in it can be identified for rectification. Yamazumi is one of the many Lean Six Sigma tools which displays process steps separately using varied colours.
- Simple tools, easy implementation: The advanced levels of Lean Six Sigma courses educate with complex and tough to understand programs which find implementation in very specific and few instances within the organization. However, LSS Yellow Belt Training updates you with tools which are simple and are applicable in the routine tasks of employees.
- Organizational benefits: There are instances where employees come trained with LSS courses into the organization. In this manner, not only do employees come trained but it also means that the organization need not invest time and money into training them.
Considering the abovementioned benefits, it is fair to conclude that despite being the very first of three levels in the Lean Six Sigma certification courses, the Yellow Belt Training is a good enough training for employees who cannot find time for LSS Green or Black Belt.