There are billions of employees all over the globe seeking jobs in various departments including Information Technology, Sales, Finance, Marketing, Administration, etc., while the employed ones are working towards achieving their next career goals of getting that increment, promotion or a job in a highly reputed organization. One cannot simply rely on educational qualifications to provide much needed alleviation in the career.
Ever since the introduction of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) professional course, the corporate world has found a way to create employees with better skills which benefit the organization. Lean Six Sigma courses are globally accepted by organizations when they are certified by International Association for Six Sigma Association (IASSC) and the Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC). LSS course is divided into three parts; yellow belt, green belt and black belt. Six Sigma Yellow Belt course includes basic understanding of Six Sigma and Lean management concepts. It delivers a broad perspective of what is Lean Six Sigma about and its basic concepts.
Let us understand the benefits of LSS Yellow Belt Training to the organization and the employee.
- Skills implementation on daily tasks: The learnings of Six Sigma Yellow Belt course can be easily implemented on the daily work flow of employees. For example, one can use Pareto analysis of Six Sigma to detect areas of improvement in the task. Another technique learnt from the Yellow Belt course called ‘Poka-Yoke’ is useful in eradicating the errors caused in the completion of the task.
- Perspective towards Company changes: An employee ordinarily has a general idea of his organization where the company has various departments in which different jobs are executed. Such a perception of the company is altered and corrected for employees during Yellow Belt training of LSS as it explains that there is a work flow for which every department is needed to be in sync at all time. Employees understand a company is a system.
- Graphical tools for performance measurement: It is very crucial from the angle of employee and the organization as well to measure the process performances of the organization so that the errors in it can be identified for rectification. Yamazumi is one of the many Lean Six Sigma tools which displays process steps separately using varied colours.
- Simple tools, easy implementation: The advanced levels of Lean Six Sigma courses educate with complex and tough to understand programs which find implementation in very specific and few instances within the organization. However, LSS Yellow Belt Training updates you with tools which are simple and are applicable in the routine tasks of employees.
- Organizational benefits: There are instances where employees come trained with LSS courses into the organization. In this manner, not only do employees come trained but it also means that the organization need not invest time and money into training them.
Considering the abovementioned benefits, it is fair to conclude that despite being the very first of three levels in the Lean Six Sigma certification courses, the Yellow Belt Training is a good enough training for employees who cannot find time for LSS Green or Black Belt.
Information Technology (IT) has transformed the lives of organizations and has completely changed the way they function. Every business phase involves information technology, be it marketing effectively, sales worldwide, customer support, business growth or business planning.
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification course comprises of practices which are specifically designed to manage IT services of the company. Basically, ITIL serves the purpose of educating an IT professional with all the necessary practices and solutions to improve the IT services of the company.
Just like other professional courses, ITIL is equally beneficial for the IT professionals and the organizations where ITIL practices are implemented. Let us discuss few of these advantages from an IT professional’s perspective.
- Upgrading Skills
IT departments become smarter in executing the allocated task using alternative methods as they are cheaper, faster and economical. The ITIL certification adds value not only to the curriculum vitae of an IT professional but also to the organization where the candidate is seeking a job or an employee who is awaiting a good salary incentive this year.
- Global Application
The need for implementing ITIL framework has been felt by many organizations worldwide. Globally this has fueled the demand for ITIL certified professionals in thousands of companies. For such professionals, relocating to a new country becomes easy with job opportunities available for them in most of them. In conclusion, it is difficult to remain unemployed with an ITIL Foundation certification to your credential.
- Better Payscale
Everyone is keen to climb the corporate ladder faster than the others but it’s all about how much are you willing to work for it. It is proven that ITIL Foundation training increases your chances of getting a better compensation. With an increase in the level of ITIL certification, the probability of becoming a part of the upper management increases at the organization.
- IT Jargons
Every department of an organization has set of corporate jargons which are used by them on a regular basis. This also applies to the IT department and this can make life difficult for an untrained IT professional who has little clue about such terms. When you undergo an ITIL course, you automatically learn and absorb all the terms used by IT department to share information with each other.
- Ideal Job Profiles
Apart from the increasing demand for professionals with ITIL certification, candidates have another advantage of being placed in the job profile of their preference. Instead of investing first few years of your career in a remotely relevant job profile to gain experience, ITIL certified professionals find the right kind of job and organization to work for.
Such a globally recognized professional certification enhances the lives of both employees and the organization. Let us quickly check out the benefits enjoyed by organizations which employ skilled ITIL certified professionals.
- Training expenditure saved with professionals already trained with ITIL
- Improved productivity
- Optimum utilization of resources at disposal
- Focusing on enhancement of weak areas in the IT department
- Better staff retention results
These are major advantages which the ITIL Foundation certification course and its higher certificate levels provide and people all over the globe have realized this which explains the upward trend in registrations for this course. It is only wise as an IT professional to earn this certification to hone your skills and become better than your competition.